Talmix allows you to connect with projects and clients you might not otherwise have known about. It matches you with relevant projects, cutting out the middleman. But, you need to set yourself up for success by setting up a profile that best reflects your strengths.
We send notification emails to the consultants who have the closest match to the requirements of a project. The better your profile fits the brief, the more likely you are to be notified.
Follow these 6 tips to get the best project matches:
- Complete your profile fully - Our matching algorithm looks at all the key sections of your profile to match you with a project brief. Make sure your profile is complete and you have made it clear and tailored to the kinds of project you want to see.
- Match your experience and background with the type of project you want - Add in the experience that is relevant to the kind of work you would like to do going forward. Having a focused profile is more likely to receive focused project notifications - and you are more likely to be selected.
- Specify the languages you can work in - Adding the languages you can work in to your profile will improve the chances of being notified about the language specific projects. As these projects may be more niche having the right language skills might mean the difference between winning and losing a project.
- Specify the locations you are available to work in - Only add the locations that you are legally able to and can relocate to with short notice. Adding multiple countries that you cannot easily work in will not add to your likelihood of winning a project.
- Add a relevant CV - Tailoring your CV to reflect the kind of project you want will go a long way to helping you get the right notifications and make it to the next step of the process.
- Keep your profile up-to-date - As you complete more projects and your experience evolves don’t forget to update your profile. You may want to refocus your whole profile as you become more experienced in a particular area.
You should also be careful that you only apply for projects that you believe you have the right skills and experience to be able to deliver. You should think twice before spending time on a proposal if you think you might be just ok for it.
Lastly, the rate you set on your profile will have an impact on the projects you get notified about, to find out more about how to set your rate read our guide on knowing your worth.
Getting your profile ready so that you receive the right notifications is the first step to winning a project. For tips on how to write the best proposal in response to the notification join us for our next live broadcast, How to write a winning proposal, where we'll take you through what made some of our consultant's proposals winners.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Dorothy Mead