At Talmix, to celebrate International Women's Day 2023, we're highlighting both the inspirational women who make up our global talent network, and the incredible women who make up our own team around the world.
Today, we talk to Talmix Customer Success Executive Tamanna Sharma about her advice for building a more gender equal workplace and finding inclusivity at Talmix .
1. What does International Women’s Day mean for you?
International Women's Day for me is celebrating empowerment, freedom & equality for the women.
2. What is the biggest challenge you had to face in your career so far?
The biggest challenge for me or any other women is usually the type of questions that are asked during an interview. Only a woman is asked about personal questions like her marriage plans as I was once asked about the same question too as they believed that I would stop working post marriage.
3. What piece of advice would you give to build more gender equal workplaces?
We need to have equal compensation structure for both men & women for the same jobs and focus on diversity during the recruiting process.
4. What do you enjoy about your role here at Talmix?
I enjoy working at Talmix because of the inclusive and flexible environment. We have the exact same benefit structure for every gender.
5. If you could have dinner with one inspirational woman, dead or alive, who would they be and why?
I would love to have an interaction with Sudha Murthy because she is not only a successful businesswoman but also an eminent social worker. She has been working for women empowerment, education, public hygiene.