Most business owners appoint advisors a few months ahead of selling a business, yet they typically focus on M&A process management and not on creating and maximising pre-exit value. Ignoring the ways to add value to the company before sale could cost you in the long-run. To unlock value, a business owner must start preparing several months ahead of launching the formal sale process. Yet this timescale is not compatible with the business model of most corporate finance advisors.
In this whitepaper we address work streams that help you achieve extra value with support from seasoned consultants. Achieve these objectives by engaging the relevant skills and experience from more than one consultant to ensure success.
Find out how working with independent consultants can support with:
- Strategic factors, such as the decision to sell and exit routes
- Positioning of the business
- Identification of potential acquirers and timing considerations
- Practical initiatives to maximise EBITDA
- Ensuring the business projects the best outward image and how to prepare it for the buy-side due diligence process
- Project management
- Engaging advisors
- Approaching potential buyers
- Navigating due diligence.
About the AuthorMore Content by José Benedicto